[vsnet-chat 2753] Re: [vsnet-newvar 296] (fwd) Takamizawa Variables which are AC2000 single images

Dear John Greaves,

Hello. I am Seiichi Yoshida working on the MISAO Project.

> I have of late been investigating the 200,000 objects flagged as 'single
> images' in the AC2000 (Urban et al 1997): that is images on AC plates
> where no counterpart has been found/identified in HIP, TYC, ACRS or GSC.
>
> Comparing these objects against a list of Takamizawa variables obtained
> as NEWVAR.CAT at the VSNET website I found the following 5 potential
> matches (where BT is Tycho B magnitude and the RA and Dec end figures
> from the respective catalogues are given):-

How about the MisV stars, the new variable stars discovered in the
MISAO Project? Is it hard to investigate the 821 variable stars on
AC2000?

One of the problems of the MISAO Project is to pick up candidates of
novae or CVs among the many MisV stars. Many MisV stars are not
recorded in the GSC, IRAS, etc. I would like to reduce the number of
candidates (but I do not know if the investigation with AC2000 helps
to solve the problem or not...).

Best regards,

--
Seiichi Yoshida