[vsnet-chat 2739] vsnet attachments

Hi everybody,
             recently I have started recieving attachments with some of the
VSNET messages, and as yet I am at a loss as to what use they are, I already
have one copy of the text, so why, I ask myself, am I getting HTML files of
the same text?
        Is anyone else bothered by these files? Sure they're not very big,
but it still takes time to go and delete them. If you're like me and you're
on a multi-user machine, disk space sometimes becomes precious.

        This also relates back to some comments I made some months ago about
the rather indiscriminate postings that can occur on vsnet-alert. I think
that with careful posting, using the appropriate vsnet groups (i.e. not
using vsnet-alert for 'I'll try and observe that' or 'it's cloudy here' type
messages, and a lot of postings that are very obviously 'chat'), the VSNET
email service will remain useful indefinitely. However should the posters to
vsnet groups, particular vsnet-alert, lose the good judgement which seems to
be exercised most of the time, there is a risk that the subscription rate
will become less than the unsubscription rate.

        Further discussion would be informative I think.

        Regards to all,

        Paul Warhurst