[vsnet-chat 2368] Re: Software

I downloaded AVE that Francisco described. It is
fantastic! Nice Kwee & van Woerden minimum finder.
Easy to use. Commands are mostly in English- with an
occasional word or 2 in spanish - like minimo
(minimum) that are easy to figure out and there is a
web page with instructions in English anyway. (I don't
know if I got a different version because I clicked on
the English language tab on the website but it is
readily useable by someone with no Spanish ability).

My thanks to G.E.A. for making it available.
No one who works with light curves should be without
this program.

Regards, Lew

--- Francisco Manuel Rica Romero <fco.rica@sinix.net>
wrote:
(snip)
software called "Analisis de variabilidad Estelar"
 ("Stellar Varibility Analysis") version 2.5. This
software plots light curve, calculates periodicity
with several methods, calculates mininum and maximum
points;
 plots phase diagrams, etc, etc.
 It's a very good software, designed for Windows
> 95/98. The problem for
> english speakers: it is a spanish software.
>
> You can download in the G.E.A. web page:
> http://vsnet.gea.cesca.es

=====
Regards, Lew
http://vsnet.geocities.com/lcoo/