[vsnet-chart-problem 57] Re: [vsnet-chart 457] On TY Sge

The observations of TY Sge I made over 12 years ago were from the TA
chart designated 901025.  I haven't seen the new chart from the
AAVSO, so I can't comment on it's position from that source.  I've
checked the TA chart with GUIDE and USNO A2.0, and the position of
the star I regarded as TY Sge is...

20h 03' 36.59  +17 01 12.350

The star referred to as TY Sge on the old AAVSO chart is labelled
star 'C' on the TA chart, with a value of 11.9.

Interestingly the TA chart refers to the AAVSO (f) chart as it's
source - along with AN 170 - yet the variable is identified as
another star!

regards,
Gary

Gary Poyner
garypoyner@blueyonder.co.uk
gp@star.sr.bham.ac.uk
http://www.garypoyner.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/varstars.html
"You can always tell a Brummie....but you can't tell him much"!

>    >We have a number of "TY Sge" observations reported to the VSNET.
> The observers are: Poyner, Vanmunster, Diepvens, Taylor, Commelo
> and Simonsen.  Should all these observation be renamed to
GSC2.2N0211313705?