[vsnet-chart-problem 1] vsnet-chart-problem list

vsnet-chart-problem list

Dear all,

   We have created a new list for reporting problems in the existing charts.
Although the world-wide efforts to improve the existing charts are ongoing,
the reality is that several versions of the chart is still in use by
different observers.  This list allows to archive the problems on "past"
(or new) charts in a public way, so that future analysts can refer to
the errors in specific charts.  This list enables to warn against some
"pitfalls" of the existing charts, and warn against continue using old
charts.

   In reporting chart problems, please correctly specify the chart version
(source, version number or date, literature bibliography or URL if available).

   Any findings (incorrect identification, incorrect magnitudes, omission of
a star, confusion, omission of known variable stars in the field, etc.)
can be reported.  We hope this list can contributes to the world database
of variable star charts.

   To submit a article, post a message to

   vsnet-chart-problem@ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp

   to SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE, send a message to

   vsnet-adm@kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp

   with a line

SUBSCRIBE vsnet-chart-problem or
UNSUBSCRIBE vsnet-chart-problem or