[vsnet-campaign 1268] HV Vir: appearance of genuine superhumps!

HV Vir: appearance of genuine superhumps!

Dear Colleagues,

    We have received new data from Torii-san (RIKEN) Kiyota-san (Tsukuba),
and Tom Krajci.  We have also anlyzed Kyoto observations.

    On Jan. 5 (UT), the modulations had a low amplitude (0.06 mag) with
a complex profile.  These modulations are diminishing early superhumps.

    On Jan. 6 (UT), the object suddenly start showing genuine superhumps,
with an amplitude of 0.15 mag and well-defined superhump-type profile!

    It may be either that the outburst started a few nights before the
initial detection, or that the development of genuine superhumps is
more rapid than in 1992.

    Further observations are strongly encouraged!

VSNET Collaboration team