[vsnet-campaign 1154] WZ Sge: fading from the sixth rebrightening!

WZ Sge: fading from the sixth rebrightening!

Dear Colleagues,

    We have received new data from T. Vanmunster, K. Morikawa, B. Martin,
J. Pietz, and new data from Kyoto observation last night (observer R. Ishioka).

    WZ Sge is now fading from its sixth rebrightening.  However, the duration
of the flat maximum exceeds 0.5 d, which seems to be the longest among all
rebrightenings.  The fading started during the Kyoto observation.
Eclipses and (super)humps persist throughout this period, and a preliminary
look at the light curve, the phase of the (super)hump maxima comes closer
to the eclipse center.  More detailed analysis will be presented later.

    Another noteworthy feature from these data is the sudden brightening
occurring at Aug. 31 13h UT.  The system became systematically brighter
by about 0.1 mag thereafter.  The feature was first caught in the Kyoto
observation, but we considered it as some unknown instrumental effect.
However, simultaneously taken Morikawa's data have confirmed its reality.
The phase is unrelated to an eclipse timing, and the cause of such a sudden
change is unknown.

VSNET Collaboration team