[vsnet-campaign 618] Re: [vsnet-alert 5463] UV Per likely superoutburst

   Gianluca Masi wrote:

> Looking at my time series, got during the 1998 July superoutburst, I've got
> a period of about 0.08d.
>
> My observations where reported in [vsnet-obs 13150].

   Thank you for your reply.  The importance of the present (presumably super)
outburst is that we can probably observe the very fresh stage of the
outburst, potentially the first time in the history of UV Per (and the
data are indeed being accumulated here at Kyoto!).  We may be able to see the
devolepment of superhumps (even early superhumps?) as we have been observing
in RZ Leo.  UV Per is one of the longest orbital period systems which
show post-superoutburst rebrightenings, which are characteristic to
WZ Sge-type and related stars.  This already suggests similar phenomena
to WZ Sge stars could be expected.  The other possibility of the detection
of super-QPOs, which were observed in SW UMa (another similar syustem)
during the very early stage of superoutburst.  Anyway please watch these
important outbursts as closely as possible!  Your (Masi's) data in 1998
will of course quite help in interpreting the present outburst.  Thank you
for your best encouragement for this joint work!

VSNET Collaboration team