[vsnet-campaign 535] (fwd) NSV 26158 = FBS 2351+228

Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 21:28:53 -0500 (CDT)
From: Rafael Costero Gracia <costero@astroscu.unam.mx>
Subject: NSV 26158 = FBS 2351+228

   We have received the following report from Dr. Costero:

Dear Dr. Kato,
During August 13-20 we obtained four Echelle spectra, one every night we could,
of FBS 2351+288 while active. We have finally reduced three of the spectra, not
without some problems due to fringing in the CCD chip, and are planning to
present some quite preliminary results in the Annual Astronomical Meeting here
in Mexico. It would be very useful to have the individual magnitude estimates
for that star during August. I tried to get them from the VSNET web page, but
something went wrong, my computer stalled completely, and could not even find
the wanted data (I am sure there must be a list of the reported estimates). I
was forced to reboot the computer, but even after doing so I can not enter
netscape again. Could you kindly provide me with the data and/or the exact
URL where I can find it?

Incidentally, the co-added, stracted spectrum clearly show Halfa and a much wake
Hbeta in emission. Maybe there is also He I 5876, but we are not sure yet; if
true, then it became weaker every night. In absorption we clearly see the Na I
5890-96 doublet (blended) and possibly some Fe I, Mg I and Cr I lines. Also
very clearly present are the TiO molecular bands, so the star must be an M-type
one. We are still working on the spectra, but we will not be able to do much
more now because the meeting starts next Wednesday and must travel on Tuesday
to the place where the meeting will take place.

Your help will be highly appreciated.
Best regards,   Rafael Costero