[vsnet-campaign-v838mon 402] Re: (fwd) V838 Mon BVR images

Nice images.  Note that the current magnitudes of
V838 Mon are 17:16:14:10 for B:V:R:I, so if you
want to do proper photometry, you need to increase the
exposure times for your B and V images.  By the time
you get to z' or redwards into JHK, the central star is
so bright that the light-echo is difficult to see.  I've
placed an example z' image from 021108 on
http://ftp.nofs.navy.mil/pub/outgoing/aah/temp/v838monz.jpg
Arne