[vsnet-campaign-sn 204] Re: SN 2001bg in NGC 2608

Dear SN watchers,

  After our spectroscopy, the CfA group also took a spectrum of SN Ia
2001bg, which shows deep absorption lines by the interstellar medium
both in the host galaxy and in our Galaxy (IAUC 7626).  It suggests
that SN 2001bg suffers a deep extinction (A_V ~ 2 mag), and the
expected maximum on previous messages are overestimated.  It is now
past maximum, and the somewhat slow decline rate can suggest that it
is intrinsically-bright SN Ia.  Further photometric follow-up is
encouraged.

Sincerely Yours,
Hitoshi Yamaoka, Kyushu Univ., Japan
yamaoka@rc.kyushu-u.ac.jp