[vsnet-campaign-nova 1449] (fwd) Re: [vsnet-chat 6859] Re: (fwd) Re: (fwd) Re: (fwd) Re: (fwd) nova list update

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:52:28 +1000
From: Vello Tabur <vello@pcug.org.au>
Subject: Re: [vsnet-chat 6859] Re: (fwd) Re: (fwd) Re: (fwd) Re:
 [vsnet-campaign-nova 1424] Re: (fwd) nova list update

Taichi Kato wrote:

>   Ah, I found that my statement "4 weeks prior to Takao" must have been
>"your positive detections in March 21 - May 29".  Could you please examine
>these images, or post them on your website?  These positive detection
>reports are what were referred by Kimeswenger and Lechner (astro-ph/0309370).
>The reality of such a long premaximum halt is much more astrophysically
>interesting to discuss on.

You are changing the topic. This thread is about whether or not I made
an independent discovery and your earlier comments implied that I
somehow dishonestly claimed credit for this. You question whether or not
my observations were genuine.  The proof is here
    http://vsnet.tip.net.au/~vello/novae/noph03/N_Oph_2003.html
and it clearly shows that I did make an independent discovery.  I really
don't understand why you persistently deny me credit for this.

>   Anyway, your detection of a variable star "4 weeks prior to Takao"
>was on June 16.  The first secure human detection of this outburst was
>made by the ASAS-3 team about 1.3 d before your recognition.  This was
>apparently the first "independent detection" of this variable star.

I disagree. The ASAS robotic camera imaged the field all right, but no
human looked at it and realized that there was something new until much
later. Anyway, it is completely irrelevant to this discussion. What
anyone else did or didn't do has no bearing on whether or not I made an
independent discovery. You keep changing the subject because your
argument has run out of steam. I have provided the evidence. You can
provide the apology.

--
Vello Tabur
Comet Hunting Techniques    http://vsnet.tip.net.au/~vello