[vsnet-campaign-nova 970] Re: (fwd) No response from D. Green to discovery of possible nova in M31

Marco:
I agree that the decline in magnitude may be a little too slow for a nova, but I wouldn't rule a nova out.  Has anyone checked the location for a known variable in the extragalactic GCVS?
Regards,
Doug West

Marco wrote:
<On a previous email you have reported the following photometry:
  2001-08-16.958  R=17.9 mag
  2002-08-04.013  R=17.0 mag
  2002-08-17.952  R=17.1 mag
  2002-08-25.859  R=18.1 mag
  2002-08-26.850  R=18.0 mag

  The new object seems a slow variable (is already present on 2001) like a Mira
  but not a Nova: new variable stars aren't published by CBAT>