[vsnet-campaign-nova 967] Re: [vsnet-campaign-nova 966] (fwd) No response from D. Green to discovery of possible nova in M31

Dear Kamil,
I can tell you my experience on this stuff: I was co-discoverer of a nova
in M31 on Oct.22, 2000. When I drop to the CBAT a note about our finds I
get no immediate answer fromm them (they are always very busy). After few
more e-mails, I was finally answered by Dan Green that the discovery of a
nova in M31 is not necessarily published on the IAUC, given the large
amount of such objects reported to them on each given year. I think that
if they will have some room available in one of the forthcoming IAUCs,
they will insert also your discovery (this is exactly what happended in
our instance).

In my opinion also the miss of any answer from the CBAT has to be
considered normal: they are very busy and normally they will contact you
only in case of high priority.

Kind regards,
Giovanni