[vsnet-campaign-nova 800] Nova Oph 2002 discovery story by Katsumi Haseda

Nova Oph 2002 discovery story by Katsumi Haseda

   Katsumi Haseda wrote the following discovery story, upon the query
by William Liller:

---

Dear Liller

Thank you for sending a congratulatory e-mail to me.
I also respect you to your constant discovery of NOVA.

When I discovered it, I had a good condition to discover the object
such as clear sky 4m/s of Northwest wind and +2oC temperature.

The object area of NOVA was very near to Horizon and even the star could
not be seen by naked eye due to the brightness of town in the east sky.

The usual exposure time is 5min,but it was shorted to 3 min to avoid extra
exposure
on the film by light pollution.

The object was high bright,so that I thought that it was one of minor
planets,
at the time of checking the negative film. However I got a big surprise
when I could not find such an minor planet.

The object has been taken clearly on another film.
It was blurred,long and narrow due to very near position to horizon, but
fortunately
I could find it easily because of its own brightness.

I am turning 57 years old this year already.
Recently I really wish to have my own observatory, however.........

I will be pleased to hear your next discovery.

Sincerely
Katsumi Haseda  Aichi-JAPAN

khaseda@mx1.tees.ne.jp
katsumi_haseda@ngw.minolta.co.jp