[vsnet-campaign-nova 163] (fwd) V445 Pup (Liller)

(fwd) V445 Pup (Liller)

Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:25:05 -0500
From: "W.Liller" <wliller@compuserve.com>
Subject: [vsnet-campaign-nova 158] V445 Pup (Kanatsu Object)

Your remark about CK Vul leads me to suggest that V445 Pup is perhaps
similar to the hydrogen deficient cataclysmic variables CR Boo, CP Eri and
V803 Cen, the main difference being temperature.  These stars all show
strong helium lines, both neutral and ionized, in emission and  negative
B-V colors, unlike V445 Pup.

Jan. 14 was a good clear night and I was able to follow V445 for 6 hours
and 34 minutes beginning at 2:45 UT making a 5-second integration every
five minutes with a CCD and a broadband V filter.  Preliminary anaysis
shows no variation during this period (rms +/- 0.07 mag), and a period
search program turned up nothing. =

                                        Soosoo.         William Lilleru