[vsnet-campaign-ecl 88] (fwd) Y Cyg Brighter?

From: DWest61506@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:03:25 EDT
Subject: [vsnet-chat 6869] Y Cyg Brighter?

>From a quick review of past observations in the AAVSO database and some
literature sources, Y Cyg usually varies between V=7.3 and 7.9.  Y Cyg is an Algol
type eclipsing binary.  On Sep 17.104 visually I observed Y Cyg at 6.6 using
AAVSO chart 2039+35aa.  On Sep 18.08 I measured Y Cyg at V=6.8 +/- 0.15
photographically using the same AAVSO chart.  As a check star I measured SAO 70575
which is very close to Y Cyg at V=6.6.  SIMBAD gives V=6.65 for SAO 70575.
Based on this check star and others I see no reason to doubt my photographic
photometry.  I digitize the images and use MIRA to perform differential photometry.
 Someone please confirm if Y Cyg is brighter than normal.

Thanks,
Doug West
http://hometown.aol.com/dwest61506/index.html

Return to Home Page