[vsnet-campaign-ecl 64] (fwd) 1988 Eclipse of Eta Gem

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:30:21 -0500
From: DWest61506@aol.com
Subject: [vsnet-chat 6058] 1988 Eclipse of Eta Gem

To get a more accurate time of minimum for the 1988 eclipse of the Eta Gem I
combined AAVSO, BAA, VSNET, Society for Popular Astronomy (SPA), and APT
observations.  The APT observations came from the automatic photoelectric
telescope at Tennessee State University (http://schwab.tsuniv.edu/).  The URL
http://hometown.aol.com/dwest61506/page66.html is a graph of the eclipse with
all observations included.  As you can see from the graph, the predicted
eclipse at JD 2447259 isn't obvious.  Unfortunately, the photoelectric
observations end at JD 250.7.  I would like to get my hands on the AAVSO PEP
observations, this would help.  If someone has access to them, please send
them to me.  I did get a response from John Isles on the 1989 Boehme paper,
see below.

Excerpt from an e-mail sent to me by John Isles on 14 Feb 2003:

<I have the 1989 MVS paper by Boehme.  The English summary reads:  "From
numerous observations of members of the AKV (Arbeitskreis Veraenderliche
Sterne = Amateur Working Group on Variable Stars) can be deduced that the
pulsation minimum of 1988 showed no clear-cut evidence of a superimposed
eclipsing feature."  >

I am going to continue work with the observations to see if I can extract the
1988 eclipse from the observations. If anything works out, I'll make a posting.

Regards,
Doug West
http://hometown.aol.com/dwest61506/index.html