[vsnet-campaign-dn 3878] VW CrB superhumps

VW CrB superhumps

Dear Colleagues,

   The Kyoto team (observers: M. Uemura and R. Ishioka) has naturally
been following VW CrB during the current superoutburst.  On July 26,
fully grown superhumps were clearly detected with an amplitude of
0.3-0.4 mag.  The nightly data have covered nearly three superhump
cycles.  The statistics is already much better than the 1997 observation,
and we hope we will be able to obtain the accurate superhump period and
its change.  The measured superhump period from the preliminary analysis
is slightly shorter than the literature value.  This needs to be confirmed
with further analysis and observation.  There is no evidence of secondary
superhump maxima yet.

PS.  The announcement of this observation has been delayed because we
already had a fairly good coverage of the 2001 superoutburst.  The quality
of the present observation, however, likely surpasses those of the past
observations.  Please turn your telescope to the promising VW CrB
superoutburst.

VSNET Collaboration team

Return to Home Page

Return to the Daisaku Nogami