[vsnet-campaign-dn 3854] V699 Oph: refined superhump period

V699 Oph: refined superhump period

Dear Colleagues,

   We have received a new excellent set of data from Tom Krajci.  Thanks to
the high-quality sufficient coverage, we have been able to more precisely
determine the superhump period.  The mean superhump period is 0.07027(4) d,
which supersedes the earlier reports.  The superhump period change is
almost zero, which is rather unusual for this period.  This lack of
a large period change may strengthen the claimed diversity of superhump
systems in long-period SU UMa stars (Kato et al. 2003, MNRAS 339, 861;
Kato et al. 2003, MNRAS, 341, 901).  The star is still vigourously
superhumping, and we wish your successful observations!

VSNET Collaboration team