[vsnet-campaign-dn 3762] V803 Cen started rapid fading!

V803 Cen started rapid fading!

Dear Colleagues,

   We have received new, again very exciting, data from Greg Bolt and
Neil Butterworth.  On June 8, the object started fading *very* rapidly.
The fading rate (of the initial part of the decline) was 4.2 mag/d !!
During this fading, the superhump signal became stronger (in amplitude),
and the profile became slightly doubly humped.

   From what we have learned in the past observations of V803 Cen and
CR Boo, this stage lasts for only a brief time, and the object will soon
rebrighten to a certain magnitude (somewhere below the superoutburst
maximum), and start oscillating.  The present outburst will provide
an excellent opprtunity to follow the evolution of the outburst and
superhumps, and we encourage intensive coverage.

VSNET Collaboration team

Return to Home Page

Return to the Daisaku Nogami