[vsnet-campaign-dn 3542] DM Dra: rapid amplitude dacay and refined superhump period

DM Dra: rapid amplitude dacay and refined superhump period

Dear Colleagues,

   We have received further nightly data from Torii-san (RIKEN), and
more runs from Nogami-san (Hida observatory) and Kyoto team.
The best superhump period up to March 13 is 0.07567(2) d.
To our surprise, the amplitude of the superhumps seems to have quickly
decayed during the observation on March 11.  On March 13, the full
amplitude is reduced to 0.1 mag.  Such a rapid change is rather unexpected,
but may explain the apparent non-detection of superhumps during the
late stage of the 2000 October superoutburst, cf. Kato et al. (2002)
IBVS 5284.  In any case, further continuous observations are strongly
encouraged to fully illustrate the seemingly unusual evolution of
the superhumps.

VSNET Collaboration team

Return to Home Page

Return to the Daisaku Nogami