[vsnet-campaign-dn 3266] Re: UV Gem possible superoutburst!

Re: UV Gem possible superoutburst!

> - I also did CCD photometry on UV Gem in December 2000. UV Gem underwent a
> long outburst at that moment, but my photometry results did not reveal
> superhumps. I assume this is the long outburst Taichi is referring to in his
> message below.

   The outburst I referred to wes in 2001 Feburary (vsnet-campaign-dn
491, 492, 494, 495, 496, 498).  The duration of this outburst was comparable
to those of superoutbursts, but no definite superhump detection was made.
UV Gem may be a peculiar object having long outbursts with intermediate
properties between superhumping SU UMa-type superoutbursts and long
SS Cyg-type outbursts, as claimed in TU Men.

   Anyway, the Kyoto team (observer: Uemura-san) took a run under excellent
condition last night (and possibly at other contributing observatories).
We may be able to say something on the presence of superhumps during the
current outburst.

VSNET Collaboration team