[vsnet-campaign-dn 3212] V1208 Tau: superhump period update

V1208 Tau: superhump period update

Dear Colleagues,

   We have partly finished observations up to Dec. 27 (Ouda Station: observer
Ishioka-san; VSNET Okayama Station: observer Tanabe-san).  A preliminary
analysis of the two-night data has yielded a period of 0.07072(9) d.
This value is in good agreement with the 2000 observation (see vsnet-alert
4165 and http://vsnet.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp/vsnet/DNe/j0459.html);
we expect that with the excellent seasonal visibility and the high quality
coverage, the present observation will soon supersede the 2000 result.
The observations are still nightly ongoing; we welcome further observations
at other longitudes.  Further analysis will be later presented by Ishioka-san.

VSNET Collaboration team