[vsnet-campaign-dn 3143] CU Vel: further superhump evolution

CU Vel: further superhump evolution

Dear Colleagues,

   We have received new, very nice, data from Greg Bolt on Dec. 17.
The superhumps became somewhat broader, but the amplitude still keeps
it maximum value.  There is an indication of secondary superhump around
phase 0.5.  We now have a refined superhump period of 0.08090(1) d.

   Quite surprisingly, there seems to be slight indication of an increase
of the superhump period (currently 2 sigma positive), which is usually
a characteristic of short Psh systems related to WZ Sge-type stars, and
is quite unusual for a long Psh system.  CU Vel has been displaying
a number of peculiarities during the current superoutburst; further
detailed observations throughout the superoutburst (and possibly for
some time after the termination of the outburst, in order to prepare
for a possible rebrightening) are very strongly encouraged.

VSNET Collaboration team