[vsnet-campaign-dn 2899] Var73 Dra superhumps

Var73 Dra superhumps

Dear Colleagues,

   We have received a data set from Brian Martin.  We have also finished
analyzing the Kyoto data before Oct. 12.  The superhumps were most prominent
on Oct. 9.  Brian Martin's observation suggests that the amplitude of
the superhumps has decreased, together with possible appearance of
secondary superhumps between the superhumps.  A preliminary period analysis
of the existing data suggests a period near 0.095 d, but a longer alias is
also promising (this period P=0.105 d was also commented still viable
in Antipin and Pavlenko, A&A 391, 565).  In any case, Var73 Dra seems to be
a very analogous object to NY Ser (Nogami et al. (1998) PASJ 50, L1).

   If the latter period is the correct superhump period, Var73 Dra may be
one of the longest P(SH) objects among SU UMa-type dwarf novae.
Continuous and intensive multi-longitude efforts are most urgent requested
in order to correctly select the superhump period.  Since the superhump
period of this object may be exceptionally long, continuous observations
longer than 3-4 hours are recommended.

VSNET Collaboration team