[vsnet-campaign-dn 1462] WZ Sge run started Sep 01/02 - preliminary results

Hi folks,

I started a CCD run on WZ Sge around 19:35 UT tonight (Sep 1). It is still
clear and expected to stay like that till tomorrow morning. A preliminary
analysis of the intermediate light curve (spanning a period of a bit more
than 2 hours) shows superhumps with an amplitude of 0.12 mag, but also an
obvious second hump, with about half the amplitude of the main hump. Towards
the end of the 2 hours period, there's also a hint of a fading trend, but I
will have to wait for another couple of hours to confirm or not.

I have made the WZ Sge light curve of Aug 31/Sep 01 (showing the steep rise
to maximum light of the 6th rebrightening) available on my web site now.

Best regards,

Tonny Vanmunster
CBA Belgium Observatory
http://vsnet.lunarpages.com/cbabelgium