[vsnet-campaign-dn 1424] WZ Sge results of Aug 27/28 and Aug 28/29 : steep decline + new run started on Aug 29/30

Dear variable star friends,

I have now posted my Aug 27/28 and Aug 28/29 CCD light curves of WZ Sge on
my web site. Especially the Aug 28/29 one is very intriguing, showing a
steep decline in WZ Sge's brightness (about 1.1 mag/d), following the 4th
rebrightening of the dwarf nova. Quite spectacular too is the very complex
structure of the humps : a lot of them have more or less the same amplitude
now (about 0.13 mag), making it very difficult to distinguish superhumps (if
still there ?) from other hump structures.

I never considered that variable star photometry could show that many
interesting variations on such a short time scale (hours !!).

I have now (Aug 29/30) started another observing session on WZ Sge (from
19:30 UT onwards). I'm not sure if it will be possible to continue this run
till tomorrow morning, as a change in weather has been announced for
tonight. I'm afraid this might be the end of the long spell of clear nights
that Belgium has had during this summer   :-(

Best regards,
Tonny Vanmunster
CBA Belgium Observatory
http://vsnet.lunarpages.com/cbabelgium