[vsnet-campaign-dn 1141] WZ Sge: dramatic evolution!

On Aug. 08/09 the sky was excellent. I managed to get my longest run, starting at 18.45
and ending at 03.08, with a hole of 15 minutes. I grabbed more than 1700 frames and the
final reduction offered me another memorable "view" on this star.

The light curve is dramatically different from the previous night: sharp maxima, with very
marked peaks, have, on the right, a secondary peak (is this the main peak of early
superhumps?). The largest modulation is around 0.35 mag. This curve is specular to what we
have seen the very first days of the outburst, where the secondary maxima where on the
left respect to the main ones. Another, smaller feature is sometimes on the right of
primary maxima. The star appear about 0.1 mag fainter than yesterday.

I performed PDM analysis, using mmy last 5 days of data, getting as probable period
0.05708d. Using only this last dataset, I get 0.0573d.

Please note that the session started during the twilight and ended during dawn, with the
star quite low.

As usual, lightcurves are at

http://vsnet.eurolink.it/comets/wzsge.htm

Regards,
Gianluca

--
* Gianluca Masi                           "Two things fill the soul   *
* Via Madonna de Loco, 47               with awe and reverence [...]: *