[vsnet-campaign-deltavel 30] DELTA VEL Results

For the delta Velorum campaign:

With no observations so far from other observing sites, I am reporting now
my results.
I am amazed because predictions were far better than I had expected.
I hope someone has recorded the end of the eclipse.

Here in Argentina, Sergio Domguez (LIADA's president) also confirmed the
eclipse.

I avoided to read the ephemeris until the observation was done, that's why I
am amazed by the results...
This is a comparison between predicted and observed magnitudes using Galileo
data:

Julian date predicted / Mag. predicted  / Mean Mag. observed

2451869.594  /   1.95  /  1.95:
2451869.643  /   2.00  /  1.98
2451869.705  /   2.05  /  2.01
2451869.775  /   2.10  /  2.07
2451869.853  /   2.15
2451869.952  /   2.20
2451870.04    /   2.20
2451870.128  /   2.20
2451870.227  /   2.15
2451870.305  /   2.10
2451870.375  /   2.05
2451870.437  /   2.00
2451870.486  /   1.95

As you see, we were pretty right about the period. Maybe the amplitude is a
little shorter, but it was also very close to the predictions.
These are my observations of the eclipse:

DELTA VELORUM

20001121.0333    1.95:   OSE   Turbulence
20001121.0861    1.95:   OSE   Turbulence
20001121.1160    1.95    OSE
20001121.1431    1.98    OSE
20001121.1569    1.99    OSE
20001121.1785    1.99    OSE
20001121.1993    2.02    OSE
20001121.2208    2.00    OSE
20001121.2326    2.02    OSE
20001121.2528    2.04    OSE
20001121.2688    2.07    OSE
20001121.2826    2.07    OSE
20001121.2958    2.10    OSE
20001121.3063    2.12    OSE
20001121.3125    2.13    OSE
20001121.3181    2.13:   OSE   Some cirrus. Dawn
20001121.3257    2.13:   OSE   Dawn

Best wishes,
Sebastian.