[vsnet-campaign-blazar 157] (fwd) Markarian 421!! (active in TeV gamma!)

(fwd) Markarian 421!! (active in TeV gamma!)

Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 12:28:27 +0200 (EET)
From: Leo Takalo <takalo@oj287.astro.utu.fi>
Subject: Re: Markarian 421!!

Dear Colleques,

Recent new from HEGRA on La Palma indicate that
Mrk 421 has brightened quite a lot at TeV- energies,
showing also very rapid variability. Now it would be
extremely usefull, if we could obtain optical
monitoring data continuously now. So anyone, who can
observe Mrk 421 now is encourages to do so.
Obtaining several data points per night would be
an advantage, so that we can then crosscorrelate
the optical dat with the HEGRA data.

I would also be gratefull, if you could send me a
note, indicating, when you have observed Mrk 421.

Good observing,

Leo O. Takalo