[vsnet-campaign-be 250] Re: [vsnet-spectroscopy 22] Re: [amateur_spectroscopy] FWHM of Del Sco H Alph...

Oops I knew I shouldn't have replied on that one when
I don't have much free time...

>I am using a Sivo Nu View II fiber optic spectrometer.  I am assuming that
>poor track won't cause any change in the point spread function.  Do you know of
>any good references on proper technique of measuring FWHM?

Ok Doug. I see, your spectrograph uses a fiber-optic as
waveguide (and low resolution grating). Then I am not sure
if poor track matters. It depends on your arrangement of
fiber glass at the focal plane. And should I presume that
the bundle of fibers is arranged linearly at the other end
(to cast light as if the light hit on grating through
a narrow aperture)?

What you've been doing may be "proper" enough. But then
the definition of "proper" also depends on your scientific
goal.

Bish