[vsnet-campaign-be 233] Re: [vsnet-be 118] delta Sco: first magnitude star??

> delta Sco: first magnitude star??
>
>    Ohshima-san (the discoverer of the 2001 superoutburst of WZ Sge)
> reports that delta Sco may have become a first magnitude star!
>
> SCOdelta       20030426.733    15  Oht.VSOLJ
> SCOdelta       20030426.750    14  Oht.VSOLJ

Take it easy, delta Sco is brightening but by that time it was at V= 1.67
(Brian Fraser's PEP and my visual observations)
Anyway we can't rule out this possibility, since the supposed end of the
outburst that we mentioned in IBVS 5352
(http://vsnet.konkoly.hu/cgi-bin/IBVS?5352 ) was totally wrong.
The outburst has become even stronger and making predcitions would be a
waste of time.
We'd better observe.

Regards,
Sebastian.