[vsnet-campaign-be 187] Omega CMa outburst

In April 2001, omega CMa started a big outburst that reached V ~3.62 in
January 2002.
More then a year has passed and the star has gotten even brighter than 3.6
(my estimate is ~3.57), breaking probably its own record.
However, bad observing conditions, since the star is getting lower in the
evening sky every day, will prevent us from seing how this brightening
developes, although it seems to have reached its peak.
Since the star has been showing mid-term variations, maybe we'll catch omega
CMa very bright again when it appears from behind the Sun next October.
Maybe someone can still give it a try and take some spectra?

Regards,
Sebastian Otero.

---