[vsnet-campaign-be 104] Re: Theta CrB Comparison Stars

Re: Theta CrB Comparison Stars

> I see you both have been observing Theta CrB.  What comparison stars
> have you been using and what magnitudes for the?  I want to add it to
> my program of Be stars and want to use the same comparison stars that
> have been used in the past.

   I have been using beta CrB with a magnitude of 3.6 (based on somewhat
old reference, but the deviation from recent measures is about 0.1 mag).
Beta CrB is a low-amplitude ACV-type variable, so it will not be an adequate
comparison star for photoelectric photometry, but it looks suitable for
visual monitoring for a possible major outburst of theta CrB.