[vsnet-be 150] Re: [vsnet-campaign-be 270] delta Sco occultation

  The IOTA web site shows that Delta Sco was/will be occulted by the
moon twice this year.  The dates and times (UT) were/are Sept. 2 and
Dec. 21 at 1100.

The IOTA web site at
http://www.lunar-occultations.com/iota/2003bstar/1221.htm provides
times of disappearance and reappearance.  Looks like both are going
to be close to the horizon and visible only from the Northeast USA.

The IOTA website at
http://www.lunar-occultations.com/iota/iotandx.htm has links with info
on how to make and report observations.

For our southern hemisphere friends, There is an IOTA/LIADA section.

Observations of the occultation would be very interesting and fun to
make!

Regards,
Thom

Taichi Kato wrote:

> delta Sco occultation
>
>    I have heard that delta Sco will be occulted by the Moon on September 30.
> Could someone provide more details about this phenomenon?   Will it be
> a daytime event?
>
> Regards,
> Taichi Kato

Return to Home Page