[vsnet-be 107] Re: [vsnet-campaign-be 217] Re: (fwd) beta CMi fading?

In a message dated 2/17/2003 10:11:38 PM Central Standard Time, varsao@fullzero.com.ar writes:

There must be an error here.
The stars metnioned are too far apart to be seen as a single star.
A practical limit for  the brightness to combine -according to my
experience- is around 140" or less than 2'.
These stars are 40' apart!!!

Beta CMi can be easily seen alone.

Regards,
Sebastian.

Sebastian:
My vision is corrected to 20/20.  I understand what you are saying, but I looked several times and was not able to resolve the three stars.  The sky was nearly photometric just after dark and got worse as it got later.
Regards,
Doug West