[vsnet-alert 7857] Re: possible nova - in Sgr

Re: possible nova - in Sgr

> > Why is no position given? Even a rough location would have been good
> > enough for me to confirm a bright nova. I am out here in the mid-Pacific
> > area, ideal location to follow-up. Now will have to wait 24hours???
>
> I amfraid Bill was just busy and/or tired therefore he missed to mention
> any data regarding position.
>
> Waiting for the morning in Chile....

   Bill was (most likely) not the discoverer, but simply made a confirmatory
observation upon request from someone else.  The request was most likely
from Elizabeth O. Waagen (according to Bill's mail): she must know the
coordinates.  Please let us know them when you get them from the AAVSO :-)
For your interest, the other recipients were Dan Green and Raquel Shida.

Return to the Daisaku Nogami