[vsnet-alert 7548] Bright RCB fadings starting now!!

Dear all, some days ago I suspected V854 Centauri was starting to fade. I
can confirm the fading now.
The star has dropped to 8.1. This is obviously the more active RCB star
nowadays.

Tonight's observation:

CENV854     20021010.969     81 :     OSE

You can see a light curve for this star at:
http://ar.geocities.com/varsao/Curva_V854_Cen.htm
It can be seen that the present fading takes place when expected if we take
the time interval between past fadings as a rule.

But this is not the only RCB star that is active.
RY Sagittarii, another binocular RCB is -according to my predictions- just
about to fade.
Its behaviour is similar to that of the previous big decline in September
1999.
The star was pulsating in a "normal" way until a steeper decline takes place
and then the star remains around 6.5-6.6 for some days. Then the major
fading begins.
This is happening right now, with the star at 6.6.

SGRRY         20021010.981     66      OSE

I think that the obscuration event starts but it is compensated in the first
pulsation cycle by the corresponding brightening. This causes the standstill
previous to the very steep decline.
This could happen in the next ten days so be alert !!!!

A light curve for RY Sgr is also available:
http://ar.geocities.com/varsao/Curva_RY_Sgr.htm

Regards,
Sebastian.