[vsnet-alert 7529] Re: Keith Geary's query object? near Nova Sgr 2002 (No. 3)

Dear Colleagues,
no known minor planets brighter than V= 15.0 were within 45' from the
reported position on Aug. 31.0, 2002. As a single image is difficult to
judge, I would like to ask to Keith if he has any other image of that
area, grabbed the same night. The "object", looking at the picture,
appears white/blueish. While its shape, when compared to that of real
stars, seems a bit different (the latter being a bit elongated along the
vertical direction, but note that the image is of *poor* quality, at
least in its scanned version!), it is definitely worth to check the
field.

Kind regards,
Gianluca

--
* Gianluca Masi                          "Two things fill the soul   *
* Via Madonna de Loco, 47              with awe and reverence [...]: *