[vsnet-alert 7375] V877 Ara: new SU UMa-type dwarf nova!

V877 Ara: new SU UMa-type dwarf nova!

Dear Colleagues,

    Roland Santallo (Southern Stars Observatory, Tahiti French Polynesia)
just reported time-series photometry of V877 Ara (NSV08383) taken on June 9.
The data show fully developed superhumps (amplitude 0.25-0.30 mag),
establishing that V877 Ara is a new member of SU UMa-type dwarf novae.
Although exact period determination is still difficult on single-night
data, the system has a relatively long (around 0.08 d) superhump period.
Observers are strongly urged to continue observation as long as possible
(prefreably more than two superhump cycles per night) in order to precisely
determine the superhump period.

    Congratulations to Roland Santallo on this breath-taking success!

    We hope we will later prepare a special VSNET page on this discovery.

VSNET Collaboration team