[vsnet-alert 6880] 1RXS J232953.9+062814 humps

1RXS J232953.9+062814 humps

Dear Colleagues,

   We have received new data from D. Starkey.  We have analyzed or have been
analyzing newly available data at Kyoto and Okayama.  A period analysis of
the data between Nov. 13 and 14 has yielded a period of 0.04591(8) d,
which is 0.8% shorter than the superhump period.  Although more analysis
and longer coverage are necessary to resolve persisting superhump signal
and likely orbital one, the emergence of a significantly different period
is highly suggestive of the (co-)existence of orbital modulations.
More detailed analysis is being undertaken by Uemura-san.

   The hump profile is very complex, with two distinct maxima within one
period, as best exemplified in the latest Starkey's data.

VSNET Collaboration team