[vsnet-alert 6787] WZ Sge: major change in humps/eclipses

WZ Sge: major change in humps/eclipses

Dear Colleagues,

   We have received new data from D. Starkey.  We have also mostly analyzed
Oct. 18 Kyoto data taken under excellent condition.

   The analysis of the data shows two small humps (phase 0.2 and 0.8).
Eclipses are narrow and very prominent (0.2 mag deep), but are significantly
displaced from the predicted times (earlier than the prediction).

   In addtion to the above findings, we have also detected a slow (~2 hr)
modulation superimposed on orbital variations.  Long time-series observations
are strongly recommended to clarify the nature of this variation.

   The Kyoto team is presently taking an additional set of data under
excellent condition.

VSNET Collaboration team