[vsnet-alert 6749] WZ Sge: humps and eclipses

WZ Sge: humps and eclipses

Dear Colleagues,

    We have received new data from B. Martin (3 nights) and D. Starkey
(2 nights).  The Kyoto team (M. Uemura and R. Ishioka) also succeeded in
obtaining new data last night.  Owing to the short absence, we have not yet
fully reviewed and analyzed them yet; if your posted observation does not
seem to appear in the above listing, please notify us.

    Very preliminary look at the data shows that humps were most prominent
on Oct. 2-3 (UT), and eclipses became prominent on Oct. 3.  The amplitude
of the humps decrased since then.  Based on the recent determination of
the beat cycle length, the next maximum of the hump amplitude will be
around Oct. 8-9.  We must be witnessing migrating late superhumps now.

    More detailed analysis will be presented later, as well as new
announcements from Ishioka-san or Uemura-san.

VSNET Collaboration team