[vsnet-alert 6722] Possible Nova in Cen (Liller)

Possible Nova in Cen (Liller)

   W. Liller has comminicated the discovery of the following possible nova.
There is no known variable star, nor IRAS or MSX5C source.

---

Hola Amigos -

There is an apparent nova (mag 8.6) on two Kodak Tech Pan photographs taken
at UT Oct. 1.0098 and Oct. 1.0107 with an 85mm camera (+orange filter).
The approximate location of the star is R.A. = 13h 55.5m, Dec. = -64d 16'
(equinox 2000).  Nothing brighter than 11.0 appears at this location on
photographs taken on Sep. 19.000.

Confirmation is kindly requested.  And PLEASE NOTE that in a few more
hours, I will be leaving for a 10-day trip to the USA.  Therefore, I will
be unable to get a precise position or a confirming spectrogram.

Thank you.   And all the best to all,   Bill Liller