[vsnet-alert 6718] FS Aur outburst!

FS Aur outburst!

  The unusual short-period dwarf nova FS Aur is reported to be in outburst.
This is the first outburst reported to VSNET in this season.  Attention
should be paid to this outburst and subsequent behavior.

  YYYYMMDD(UT)   mag  observer
  20010825.351  <139  (M. Simonsen)
  20010830.076  <156  (M. Reszelski)
  20010915.128  <142  (M. Simonsen)
  20010929.191   141  (M. Simonsen)

From [vsnet-alert 4145]:

    The Kyoto team has been following FS Aur since the discovery of its
potential short-period SU UMa-type nature.  The object has been always on
the monitoring programs of amateur variable star associations.
We have been following the target for past five years in winter seasons
(Hajime Baba et al.), including some "outburst" photometry.  Very interesting
periodicities and "flares" and their relation to the outburst state have
been clarified.  What is solely lacking: superoutburst.

    While the present reported magntitude doesn't seem to far exceed the
previously recorded maxima, we would be extremely happy to conclude our
long-term study of this star, when a genuine superoutburst finally
leads to a sparkling campaign by the VSNET collaboration team.