[vsnet-alert 6686] WZ Sge: humps and eclipses

WZ Sge: humps and eclipses

Dear Colleagues,

   We have received new data from T. Vanmunster.  We have finished analyzing
the Kyoto Sep. 22 observation, and are undertaking the Sep. 23 observation
(observer R. Ishuioka).  The object is still very slowly declining, with
humps and eclipses.

   The humps became the strongest on Sep. 22 (UT).  The maximum amplitude
of the humps was 0.48 mag.  The hump peaked at phase 0.85.  Sharp eclipses
were also present, with a depth of 0.3 mag.  The amplitude of the humps
seems to have been slightly reduced on Sep. 23.

   We will be able to put necessary figures on the VSNET WZ Sge page,
when the network becomes (still partly suffering from the effect of an
electric shutdown) fully operative.

VSNET Collaboration team