[vsnet-alert 6673] WZ Sge: no definite brightening; complex humps

WZ Sge: no definite brightening; complex humps

Dear Colleagues,

    We have received new data from B. Martin.  Together with newly analyzed
data from Kyoto observations (observer R. Ishioka and M. Uemura), we have
confirmed a general slow trend of brightening on Sep. 19 toward Masi and
Mallia's observation.  However, the object has apparently returned back
on Sep. 20 (now being keenly analyzed).

    A preliminary look at the Sep. 20 light curve has revealed very complex
low-amplitude humps.  Large-amplitude humps as seen on Sep. 17-18 have
disappeared.  Eclipses also have become less apparent, and seen as only
a shallow dip-like feature.  Instead, there is a deep phase 0.6 dip, just
after the hump maximum.  More detailed analysis is under way.

    Please observe as intensively as possible, to follow the complex
evolution of humps and eclipses!

VSNET Collaboration team