[vsnet-alert 6515] WZ Sge: hump structure, no ture eclipse?

WZ Sge: hump structure, no ture eclipse?

   We have further analyzed the data.  The phase-averaged light curves
between late Aug. 29 (slowly brightening stage) and early Aug. 30 (maximum
of the fifth rebrightening) seem to suggest that there are no true eclipses
(only shallow fadings 0.1 phase before the predicted times, and location
is highly variable).  There were three small hump maxima during the
slowly brightening stage in one cycle, one of which (at phase 0.2) seems
to be commonly, but more weakly, present when the system is at maximum.

   We have put the figure of comparison on the VSNET WZ Sge page.

VSNET Collaboration team