[vsnet-alert 6274] WZ Sge: final repèort from my Aug12/13 run

Dear Colleagues,
I've previously sent a preliminary description of the behaviour of WZ Sge as from my last
night observation. Now, here is more complete one, based on the analysis of more than 1800
frames, grabbed under one of the best skies i've ever seen over Ceccano.

The observing session lasted 8.5 hours and the resulting light curve shows that something
of very importat is happening there. I've found 0.15 mag. superhumps, which shape is this
time very simple! Sometimes peaks are sharper, sometimes broader, with very regular
profile. After the peak, there is some flickering and the secondary hump is almost absent
or weak (and located near the eclipse). Eclipses (and their expected times are marked with
* on the light curve posted at the URL below) are very weak and 0.05 mag. deep; they are
located close to previsions, but not exactly tuned with them: some of them are closer than
others to times derived from ephemeris; it is interesting to note that the 6th ecplise
occurred in coincidence of a small peak. I performed PDM analysis using "Period", getting
an estimate of 0.05774d.

The curve is sposted at.

http://vsnet.eurolink.it/comets/wzsge.htm

Regards,
Gianluca

--
* Gianluca Masi                           "Two things fill the soul   *
* Via Madonna de Loco, 47               with awe and reverence [...]: *